Jewelry is for every woman the perfect accessory to any outfit. But it is smart to know what style of jewelry works with your body type. Don’t waste your money on a fabulous piece of jewelry that does not look right on you. When you don’t wear the right jewelry a thin woman looks even thinner and the extra pounds look much more than it supposed to. Some jewelry is too much for a small woman and the wrong bracelets make your arms look even shorter. That is not what you want and it does not have to happen. Jewelry can make a small woman absolutely beautiful when she wears the right pieces.
In the Western world, the women (and men) are growing taller and taller. And in the Netherlands live the tallest people of the world, they say, due to healthy food and milk. We don’t know where this growing stops, but at the same time, there are still small women (like me). They have problems, buying cloths, reaching out to the things that are stacked higher and higher and especially on a party or in business they are not being seen, because of their length. I cannot make you taller, but I can give you some tips how to look taller!
What necklaces makes small women beautiful and happy ?
Most of the small women like to look a taller or maybe a better proportion of your body shape. Your jewelry can accomplish that, when you choose the right pieces.
The small woman can look taller using vertical lines in her clothing and jewelry. Long necklaces will look great when they reach just above your belly. But also when you don’t like those very long necklaces and prefer the shorter ones; take care take you don’t wear them too short.
For the calculation of the exact right length of your necklace see my free e-book or have a look at this video:
Not only the length of your necklace is important for a fabulous look, also your neckline has to be considered to get the vertical line. Better wear a V-shaped neckline than a round one (horizontal line) and your necklace should fall within the necklace (and not just over it). A V-shaped necklace or a long necklace makes your body look longer and thinner. It creates a longer vertical line.
Then you have to consider your feature. When you have a delicate feature your necklace should mirror or complement your feature; so your necklace should have larger design details. But a woman with a strong feature should wear necklaces without too many details to look more beautiful. You better stick to bold lines and large necklaces.
It is important that your jewelry makes you sparkle and that it feels comfortable for you: it should not be too long, too short or too heavy. You can buy your pieces of jewelry in a (web)shop that can alter the length for you (like FlorenceJewelshop). Mostly longer than 18 inch or 46 cm necklaces or a length of about 92 cm / 36,2 inch are fine for small women and I don’t recommend a choker (it makes you even smaller). Some styles of necklaces look better on you than others. Like long necklaces or necklaces with a pendant.
To summarize my advice for necklaces:
- Wear long necklaces
- Wear a V or Y-shaped necklace
- You can wear collar length necklaces (not too short)
- Avoid U-shaped necklaces, that end above the breastbone.
What bracelet makes a small woman beautiful and confident?
As a small woman, you look best when you create vertical lines. Bracelets, in general, create a horizontal line on your arm and make your arm look stubby and as wide as your hand. A good idea is to wear lots of smaller or delicate bracelets at one time The bracelet should be partly over your wrist and gives the arm extra length. These kinds of bracelets will look great on you! But don’t choose bracelets that are too large, chunky or bold.
The best earrings for small women
The right earrings are important for you. Earrings will be one of the first things people see when they look at you. Earrings can help you to balance out you somewhat longer face. Wear eye-catching earrings to get all the attention to your face and not to your length.
Well to put all the tips together:
- The right pieces of jewelry make you more beautiful and more confident and you will get more compliments;
- The right jewelry can make your appearance more flattering and with the right jewelry you can detract the eyes from your less favorite body parts and give you length;
- The right length of your necklace is important since your necklace can add brilliance and color to your face. When a necklace is too long it does nothing for your face and when it is too short you look choked;
- Remember that you wear the right style necklace and regard your feature;
- Your bracelets should not be too large. Better wear a lot of small bracelets or delicate ones;
- Eye-catching earrings will look great on you.
My advice is:
- Buy your jewelry in a (web) shop that can alter the length of your necklace and bracelet for you;
- When you buy jewelry it is best that you know what style looks great on you. It would a pity when you put down money for a piece of jewelry that looks great on the photo or in the box but does not look good on you!
Hug Florence from FlorenceJewelshop