my jewelmaking proces
Travelling is very important for me. I get a lot of inspiration wandering around in other cultures, meeting all kinds of people and the shapes and colors of nature.
It gives me a big opportunity to look for beautiful and unusual beads. And luckily I find those beads. I only buy small quantities so that I can make a necklace and earrings or a bracelet or pin/brooch. The local sellers cannot cheat me since I have enough experience in recognizing the real gemstones (semi precious stones). And after I have decided what to buy, then the game of negotiation starts: I love that part.
When I come home I spread my trophies on the table and look for great color or shape combinations. And then the proces of imagination and thinking starts. I get an idea and I make the piece of jewelry in my head. I have to do it this way, so that I can anticipate to prevent technical impossibilities in the production process.
After the thinking process is finished I take a piece of thread and put the beads on it. Sometimes I have to alter my design because I don’t like the total look of the combination of beads. If so, then I search for different bead combination, put some silver between the beads or… start all over again.
Normally I finish the necklace with a magnetic clasp, which is so practical in putting a necklace around your neck, without fiddeling around with small clasps.
Then I take the photo’s and list it in my shop, ready for you to buy or just have a look and enjoy.
How FlorenceJewelshop designs unique pieces of jewelry for you:
- Every design is used for one piece of jewelry. No duplicates made
- Material bought on one of my travels: ‘every bead has a story’
- Jewelry made of gemstones and (mostly) silver
- Special light weight line
- Information of the used materials comes with every purchase
- Alterations and custom made jewelry possible
- Use of magnetic clasps for easy handling
HOW TO KEEP YOUR JEWELRY BEAUTIFUL
10 tips for avoiding that your jewelry gets dirty and how to store them with care.
In this e-book you will find out:
• why your silver jewelry gets black and how to avoid that
• how to clean your jewelry with care
• how to store your jewelry best
Are you ready to go with me on those travels through my photos and beads?
Love to have you around!