Christmas is for so many people not only a religious feast but also a great get-together of family and friends. And when you are lucky you are invited to an impressing Christmas Eve Ball or dinner. But do you already know what to wear with Christmas, what accessories to choose? Do you know how to look awesome with Christmas wearing the right jewelry? Just read this blog post and I will give you some tips and tricks to look gorgeous on all kinds of Christmas celebrations.
Why should you look stunning with Christmas?
Well… to start with …does, not every woman want to look gorgeous, whether it is Christmas or not? So the tips are useful all the year round. And Christmas is special, I think. Having so much family or friends over, that you maybe don’t see often and you want to look great.
With Christmas, there are some favorite colors that one uses to dress up. This year the popular colors are burgundy red, moss green, blue, black and dark grey. And it is not necessary to buy your self a completely new outfit. You can use an older dress or nice blouse and wear fabulous accessories to make your outfit look new. And from all the accessories in the world, the right pieces of jewelry are the easiest to use and they have the best effect. BUT… you should choose the right pieces of jewelry.
How to look awesome with Christmas wearing the right jewelry?
You should pick our outfit and pieces of jewelry carefully. Decide first how you want to look: do you want to have an elegant appearance, do you want to look sexy or exciting. Do you want all the attention or do you want to be more in the background?
- when you want to look elegant and exclusive wear a necklace with matching earrings in the color of your dress or blouse. And when you want a tiny little bit more attention, the colors should be one shade lighter or darker as your outfit.
- When you want to look sexy and exciting and you are attending a big Christmas Ball or dinner wear a statement necklace in a different color than your dress. Keep your earrings small. And when the dress does not allow a necklace (because of the neckline, or you don’t like necklaces) you could wear stunning bracelets in a different color than the dress and matching earrings.
- When you attend a small dinner party or you are having a dinner party at home you could wear a black dress with one statement piece of jewelry, like a necklace, bracelets, a brooch or earrings. When you don’t want too much attention choose a piece of jewelry in black or grey, silver or gold, maybe deep purple. But when you want to be the star of the evening, just wear one piece of jewelry in a different bright color, like red, orange or blue.
How do you want to feel with Christmas?
You have chosen your dress, you decided how you want to look (elegant, exciting etc.), but now you have to decide how you want to feel with Christmas. Maybe a strange question, but what I mean is: when you wear a tight dress and you have a bit of a stomach you want to hide that a bit, isn’t it. When you have a wrinkled neck you don’t want to have all the attention on your neck. You don’t only want to look good, but you want to feel beautiful and comfortable too. And the most important thing is that you are feeling more beautiful and happier.
My tips to reach that goal are:
- When you have chosen a tight dress and you have a bit of a stomach, wear a statement necklace that brings all the attention to your face and neck, away from the stomach region. Don’t wear a long necklace with a pendant!
- When you have a wrinkled neck and you want to wear an open round neckline, wear either stunning statement earrings and no necklace, or a necklace that is around your lowest balance point (the necklace ends around your bust).
- I wrote a PDF with a lot of tips to hide or camouflage other body parts, whom you are not happy with. You can download it for free!
By now I hope you exactly know what piece of jewelry to wear with your outfit to look awesome with Christmas, to feel happy with and more beautiful. I wish you a fabulous Christmas and just a little reminder: click on the photo to download the tips and tricks ‘how to hide your minor points’!
Hug Florence from FlorenceJewelshop